Tuesday 21 August 2012

Banana Peanut Chocolate Cookies

I love cookies, and I LOVE my Martha Stewart Cookies cookbook.

Martha Stewart Cookies on Amazon

I love it so much that when my cat peed on it, I still used it for a year soaked with cat-pee smell.  Then I bought it AGAIN.  It's awesome, because the table of contents is pictures of cookies.  It's awesome because the categories of cookies are divided by texture (ie. "cakey and tender" or "chunky and nutty")
It's also awesome because it has so many types of cookies in it, that when I dream up my own cookie idea, I can usually find something similar to use as a jumping off point.  Because it is actually impossible for me to follow a recipe.  I just can't do it.

I dreamt up a cookie last week, inspired by some ripe bananas I found in the freezer.  Peanut butter banana cookies with milk chocolate chips... yum.  I didn't have time to make them last week, which was great, because it gave me time to have another idea: salted, honey roasted peanuts needed to get involved. *drool*

Martha has a recipe for Banana Walnut Chocolate Chunk cookies.  Walnuts became Peanuts.  Butter became peanut butter and coconut oil.  Wheat flour and rolled oats became Quinoa and rice flour, and flax meal.  I cut the salt and sugar down since the peanuts were sweet and salty.

I ate four already.



No comments:

Post a Comment