Tuesday 15 October 2013

Thanksgiving Dinner, 11pm


Happy Thanksgiving!
My thanksgiving long weekend was a busy one, 
but at 5 pm on the Sunday night I decided I was going to make an impromptu Thanksgiving dinner.
I went to the grocery store to pick up a chicken to roast, but forgot the next day was a holiday.  It looked like Fiesta Farms had been ransacked!
No chickens.  Not even a chicken breast.  
There were a few huge $50 turkeys, and one small guy for $20.  
I ended up getting the small turkey and decided I would just have to eat at 11 like the Spanish.

Turkey, brined with salt and spices,
stuffed with bacon, onion, mushroom, and portuguese cornbread, 
covered in BACON!
She went in the oven at 8pm!
and was out by 10:30.  
Luckily not a huge bird.


Sweet potato with cinnamon and butter, sage leaves and pumkin seeds.

The harvest table.  You could lose yourself in that table cloth!

Dufflets Pumpkin Pie, because I ran outta time for homemade.

Making turkey soup with the bones and leftovers.

May your Autumn be cozy and full of good food!

No comments:

Post a Comment