Saturday 5 October 2013

The Million Dollar Monster Show Opening Party

So much fun at 99 Sudbury!
Christian Aldo, the man behind the Million Dollar Monster Show and the Superwonder Gallery, knows how to throw a party.

These were the new paintings that I had in the show:

Medusa

The Sirens

I was quite excited about some new textures that I had created while painting the snake skin and fish tails using some printmaking techniques.  Of course, you may also recognize my current obsession with Vintage Nudie Playing Card ladies.  I just love their postures and expressions!
I sold the Sirens opening night, which is nice.  Luckily a friend of mine took some photos of my work at the show, since I completely forgot to document the paintings at all.  





The show is over now, but I'm sure Superwonder Gallery has something else in the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment